History and Condition of the ITB Ganesha Campus
Based on records from various sources, the Ganesha ITB Campus which was previously named Technische Hoogeschool te Bandung was inaugurated by the Governor General of the Dutch East Indies, Mr. J.P Graaf van Limburg Stirum (1916-1921) on July 3, 1920. The main campus building, namely the West Hall and the East Hall designed by Ir. Henri Maclaine Pont is an experiment in building art in combining traditional archipelago architectural styles with advances in modern construction techniques. This style is known as Indies Architecture.